No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Support

Pop up bug streamdeck

By Emil Isaksson @studiomollan
    2020-02-17 21:26:46.655Z

I’m having issues with my streamdeck. I get the pop up constantly when the streamdeck is shifting between my “default” layout and my soundflow layout. I have the default one to come on when I select Finder and the soundflow one when I select pro tools. Is that the issue? Are u supposed to be automatically switching between layouts like that?
    I only have one physical deck. The xl one.
    I do have soundflow shortcuts on my Default layout though. Bad?

Solved in post #28, click to view
    • 30 replies

There are 30 replies. Estimated reading time: 13 minutes

1. S
      Emil Isaksson @studiomollan
        2020-02-17 21:29:37.877Z

My way of getting around is to click install when it happens and then select the soundflow layout from the pull down menu in the streamdeck software. If I don’t it will just trigger a new pop up when I select pro tools and then trigger a new pop up , and then a new one, and so on.

1. Hi Emil.
          Can you share a screenshot of the popup menu that comes up when you click the Stream Deck icon?

1. Ie. this:

1. SEmil Isaksson @studiomollan
                2020-02-17 22:33:24.151Z
          2. S
            In reply tostudiomollan:
              2020-02-21 19:02:23.474Z

I actually had my Main profile set as "default profile". checked that little box in stream deck preferences. I unchecked that and set my main profile come on when in Finder. Seems to work now, no popups.

2020-02-23 19:03:29.921Z

Actually, the popus are still here. Just not as frequent.

1. If you haven't already, try making sure that you don't have any of your profiles in Stream Deck be assigned to any apps. Ie. don't set up anything like this:

Instead use SoundFlow's "Application Trigger" system to activate. That's the supported approach. Not sure if this is already how you've set it up. If this doesn't work please feel free to send us a few more screenshots of your setup inside the Stream Deck app so I can see if there's something else we can find that needs changing.

2020-02-23 20:31:32.134Z

Alright, well that sort of defeats a lot of the convenient aspect of the stream deck..

I still get the popup though. None of my profiles now have an app selected in the Stream Deck Preferences. Still if I'm in pro tools and switch to my Main Profile, for finder etc, form the Stream deck meny AND back again to pro tools I get the popup.

If this is a bug that is scheduled to be resolved soon I'm defiantly willing to let it rest for now. As long as it gets solved.

1. Alright, well that sort of defeats a lot of the convenient aspect of the stream deck..

Not at all :) Application Triggers in SoundFlow are identical to the activation of profiles by apps in Stream Deck. All I'm saying is that it doesn't work well to mix the two systems.

I still get the popup though. None of my profiles now have an app selected in the Stream Deck Preferences. Still if I'm in pro tools and switch to my Main Profile, for finder etc, form the Stream deck meny AND back again to pro tools I get the popup.
                          If this is a bug that is scheduled to be resolved soon I'm defiantly willing to let it rest for now. As long as it gets solved.

I haven't heard of anyone else having this issue, so the best way to get it fixed is by sharing even more information from your system so we can find out why it's different there.
                          Unfortunately we can't control the Stream Deck app and this is a bug in their software - we have asked them many times to fix the integration but we can't control when or if they'll fix it, so I can't make any promises.

Can you send us some more screenshots of your setup inside the SD app to help with the troubleshooting?

2020-02-23 22:59:30.552Z

Sure.
                              Here's a few screen grabs.
                              Remember i have reassigned the Profiles to the specific apps again. My last post was with all of them disabled.

1. Great thanks Emil. This right here clarifies the issue:

You cannot have an Application assigned to the "SoundFlow Full Screen XL" profile. SoundFlow automatically switches to this. You need to use the "Application Trigger" inside SoundFlow to do the switching based on the app. It's all explained in the article here:

https://soundflow.org/docs/how-to/stream-deck/setting-up
                    2. S
                      In reply tostudiomollan:
                        2020-02-23 23:00:12.312Z
                        1. S
                          In reply tostudiomollan:
                            2020-02-24 12:59:21.093Z

Just thought of something. Shouldn't it be possible to write a script in soundflow to automatically press install on the popups whenever they appear? Asa workaround i mean.

1. What's wrong with following the instructions? There's no need to make a workaround if we fix the underlying bug (which in this case appears to be a configuration error).

2020-02-24 18:33:59.379Z

Sorry i didn't see you've already replied. Alright I'll work on that. Did't get it tp work last time though but ill try again .

1. Thanks Emil. And for the record I know that this is not easy to set up, but if you follow all the instructions to the point it should work (it has for everybody else) so unless there's something real bad in your installation, we should be able to get it to work. Just be very careful to follow everything that's outlined.

2020-02-24 18:41:17.434Z

Cool, thanks. A final question. Should it be possible to have the deck automatically switch between The sound flow profile and ex "finder" profile?

1. Yes, but that's the tricky part.

To sum it up - there are 2 (and a half) different ways to use SoundFlow with Stream Deck.

Option A: Design your Decks inside the Stream Deck app

This is the "old" style of designing your decks. You're limited to the Stream Deck app's functions.
                                          You can use the "SoundFlow Command" action to drag and drop to your decks inside the Stream Deck profile editor.

Option B: Design your Decks inside SoundFlow

This is the recommended approach. Using this you get much more advanced functionality. You design all your Decks in one place - inside SoundFlow. This also means that they travel with you wherever you go. No need to manually copy Stream Deck folders onto USB sticks etc. Everything is saved in your SoundFlow account.
                                          You use SoundFlow's Application Triggers to launch Decks based on which app is active - but you can also launch decks in many other ways. You also get functions to dynamically control the Stream Deck from within advanced SoundFlow scripts.

Option A/B: Combine the two

This is the option that works the least reliably due to some bugs in the Stream Deck app. While it could work in your particular case, we don't recommend this.

1. In other words - you'll get the best result by re-designing your Finder Deck inside SoundFlow.

2020-02-24 19:07:49.610Z

Alright, now I got it. Thanks again, for your help and patience.
                                                /
                                                Emil

1. Iionut geambasu @ionut_geambasu
                                                    2020-02-25 18:52:03.133Z

I have more or less the same problem, but my issued is more related to making the streamdeck active. Soundflow doesnt connect to my stremdeck. It doesn't seem to do it at all. Thank you

2020-02-25 18:52:24.271Z
                                                        1. Hi @ionut_geambasu - thanks for posting here.

The "SoundFlow Full Screen" profile does not appear to be installed here. Did you ever say "yes" to installing the profile?
                                                          Or did you say yes and have you then renamed it?

Please check this post here:
                                                          https://forum.soundflow.org/-1575#post-19

The "SoundFlow Full Screen" profiles function very differently from normal Stream Deck profiles.

2020-02-25 19:08:26.127Z

I have said yes and renamed it to dialogue

2020-02-25 19:10:47.683Z

I have deleted my old ipad profiles as well as my second streamdeck to avoid any confusion

1. Ok. You should delete the dialogue profile and reinstall the profile by going to More Actions, find the SoundFlow plugin and click "Install Profiles".
                                                                    The SoundFlow Full Screen profile doesn't work for just 1 deck - it is the way the SoundFlow connects to Stream Deck for any of your decks designed inside SoundFlow. So you should not rename it or in any other way customize it, or add an Application for it or something like that in the Stream Deck app.
                                                                    It's hugely important that you follow the instructions in the article here to the point and don't do anything else:
                                                                    https://soundflow.org/docs/how-to/stream-deck/setting-up

ReplySolution
                                                              2. In reply toionut_geambasu:
                                                                Iionut geambasu @ionut_geambasu
                                                                  2020-02-25 18:54:33.251Z
                                              • I
                                                In reply tostudiomollan:
                                                ionut geambasu @ionut_geambasu
                                                  2020-02-25 21:25:15.892Z

Managed to sort things out:) One last question, can you modify a pre-existing Deck or are they locked because they are in a package format? What I would love to do is to be able to put put that in a folder or edit the way I want. Thank you!

1. Great! "Make Editable Copy" is coming in 3.5 so not here yet, but pretty soon. Until then, when you create your own Deck, if you point it to one of the iZotope commands they'll automatically get the right icon since the icon is saved with the commands - so it might be quicker to set up your own Deck than waiting for 3.5 :)

2020-02-25 22:20:25.812Z

Ok:) Great stuff and thank you. I would probably do that with izotope stuff as well as Pro tools since we are spoiled for choice. Can't wait for the update.

Cheers,
                                                        Johnny