No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. How to

Select Several Pro Tools Session to open one at a time

By samuel henriques @samuel_henriques
    2020-10-04 12:46:09.857Z

Hello,
    I'm trying to do a workflow, where I'd like to select several pro tools sessions in finder, open them, do something, close, and open next one.

Kind of a doforeach I guess, continuing for every selected session

Is this possible?
    Thank you

• 5 replies
    1. Hi Samuel

I think there may be a separate product coming from us that addresses this, so stay tuned for news in our Facebook group :)

1. SSylvain @Sylvain
          2021-01-15 21:02:13.093Z

Hello,
          Really good question Samuel i'm looking for exact same thing, i was just wondering @chrscheuer what do you mean by an other product ?
          Can not Soudflow do what @samuel_henriques asked for ?
          Thanks

1. samuel henriques @samuel_henriques
              2021-01-15 21:28:56.145Z

Hey @Sylvain ,
              I guess what Christian means is that he is working on something to facilitate this idea. But soundFlow can definitely do it.
              For example, on this thread there's a script to import session data from the selected aafs to the opened session. And one that will open all selected aaf to new pro tools sessions.

1. SSylvain @Sylvain
                  2021-01-18 15:22:11.852Z

Thanks for the reply Samuel, too bad i am a total beginner with javascript, and i don't see what lines are linked with the fact of gathering files like the AAF that could help to me write something to gather ProTools sessions in order to add actions on them one after an other...
                  Btw could you please reupload the video of this script ? the wt link is dead
                  Many Thanks

1. samuel henriques @samuel_henriques
                      2021-01-18 15:54:43.901Z

hey @Sylvain,
                      you can see it on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/groups/soundflow/permalink/813088479532313/

Not that easy as "a line" and it can become pretty complex, but it's based in a loop, you can learn how to do loops here:
                      How to use a for loop to repeat an action in SoundFlow.

Check out the other tutorial videos, they are really helpful.

I started using SoundFlow with zero coding knowledge just last year, so just learn bit by bit and you'll start building bigger stuff in no time.