No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. How to

is there a way to get the currently loaded deck?

Hi! I want to build a script that will toggle between two decks (neither have 'back' buttons)

Is there a way to programmatically tell which deck is currently open/displayed?

sorry for the pseudo-code:

let currentDeck = "Currently Displayed Deck" //currently displayed deck commandID

let deck_one = "open this deck" //commandID for deck one
let deck_two = "open that deck" //commandID for deck two

if (currentDeck === deck_one) {
    //..open deck_two
} else {
    //..open deck_one
}

Thanks!

Solved in post #4, click to view
  • 6 replies
  1. A
    Andrew Skipper @Andrew_Skipper
      2021-04-04 21:05:38.257Z

You can auto switch Deck dependent on window and app open?

1. Heyya! Thats a great suggestion, but I'm not actually switching any windows for it, I basically want to use two different decks in the same program and switch back and forth between them, and to get the logic to work I need to be able to programmatically tell which deck is the one currently open :) I just don't know how to do that...

2. In reply toDustin_Harris:

You can get the currentDeckInstance to get a handle to the AxDeckInstance, and then look inside the full instance ID (the command ID of the deck is part of the instance ID):

log(sf.devices.streamDeck.firstDevice.currentDeckInstance.fullInstanceId);

Reply1 LikeSolution
        1. If you're looking for loaded deck instances on a mobile device, use this:

sf.devices.mobile.connectedDevices[0]

Edit: Ah, I don't think you actually have access to it through that mechanism.

1. Also. Remember that if your script is being run by pressing a command on the deck itself, you can just read from event.deck.

Finally, you could instead opt to store which deck you're showing in a globalState variable that you set in the same script/macro that you use to show the deck. That way you have full control yourself.

1. Oh, that's brilliant! I'd have to work out how to deal with unsynchronized deck / globalState variable, but that is definitely a cool way to approach it!