No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Support

The dates in forum posts are sometime not displaying correctly.

By Kitch Membery @Kitch2021-11-10 03:11:17.994Z

As you can see in this screen-shot, the post is showing the date in its raw form instead of showing the duration since the post was made.

• 4 replies
    1. K@KajMagnus
        2021-11-10 22:20:44.302Z

Kitch & Christian, Hmm yes I've seen this sometimes me too. I now linked to this topic, from Talkyard's forum, this page: https://www.talkyard.io/-631/the-dates-in-forum-posts-are-sometime-not-displaying-correctly (I hope that makes sense? So will some day remember to fix)

Talkyard includes the dates in YYYY-MM-DD ... format, so that there's no need to re-render the pages server side (instead, they can be cached). And then there's some Javascript client side that changes these dates to "NN hours ago". However, when single-page-application navigating between different pages, sometimes the a bit hacky code that updates the dates to "... time ago", won't run (maybe there's some race condition), and the YYYY-MM-DD dates are left as is.

(B.t.w. the latest time (weeks) I've been improving session management in Talkyard, now code reviewing the changes.)

1. Kitch Membery @Kitch2021-11-10 22:26:42.109Z

Thanks @KajMagnus :-)

Rock on!

1. K@KajMagnus
              2021-11-11 11:33:14.475Z

Ok thanks :- )