No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Packages
  3. Counter Offset

Future Suggestion

By Pete Watson @Pete_Watson
    2022-02-03 11:32:06.300Z2022-02-03 11:41:46.284Z

This is brilliant - thanks so much as ever for the tireless work to bring useful features!

One suggestion that I wanted to add: Is there anyway that the song markers in the admin window could be automaticallt recalled by selecting markers in the Protools timeline? I ask this as I do a lot of mixes of live gigs, whereby we use sections of songs. So I may send 10 x 1 min excerpts to a client, so in effect I have 10 Zero cues in your app. It would be great to quickly load these as you navigate to each song withint PT, without keep reverting to the larger admin window

I would also normally have my main counter in Bars/Beats and Sub Counter as Mins Secs, however in Protools I then lose the function to see how long in Mins,Secs a selection is. So I flip them around, get the reading, then flip back. Inclusion of a "Selection length" in your window would be a great addition to eleviate that.

Just a thought!

• 3 replies
    1. In reply toPete_Watson:
      Andrew Scheps @Andrew_Scheps
        2022-02-03 12:15:11.001Z

Hi @Pete_Watson ,

Glad you're using it and really glad the Admin version is helping.

That would actually be as really difficult feature to implement. It would involve Pro Tools automating SoundFlow, not the other way around. Unfortunately with how things work at the moment I don't see it happening. At the moment you could locate and just re-zero. Not as bullet-proof as recalling them from the list, but maybe quicker. Also, keep in mind that you can have an Admin and regular version open at the same time, so you could make the admin one smaller and keep it out of the way?

Same with selection length really. To do that with the counter in bars|Beats mode I would have to read the tempo and calculate the duration...

Sorry!
        Andrew

1. PPete Watson @Pete_Watson
            2022-02-03 13:50:24.942Z

Thanks for the reply - and all very good points to know (as I understand what is/isn't possible with Soundflow)

I really enjoyed the webinar you did the other day and can't wait for the Bounce Factory to be released... it really is very true that computer programmers don't think like studio engineers, and now that engineers can program their own tasks in Soundflow there are a wealth of useful Macros/Scripts available to solve real world problems.