No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Packages
  3. Melodyne Helpers

Melodyne Prep not working on mono track

By Noah Frazee @Noah_Frazee
    2022-08-22 23:32:22.988Z

When running melodyne helpers, I have ran into the issue of the script still trying to pull the stereo version of the melodyne plugin on a mono track.

• 4 replies
    1. Kitch Membery @Kitch2022-08-22 23:46:25.268Z

Hi @Noah_Frazee

I have moved this post to the Melodyne Helpers section of the forum.

For future issues with scripts/macros/decks/surfaces from packages installed from the SoundFlow Store, be sure to use the Script help workflow outlined in the following link bit.ly/sfscripthelp so that the package owner automatically gets tagged - For now I'll tag @Andrew_Scheps manually. :-)

Also please see the following link about the status of the Melodyne Helpers package;

1. In reply toNoah_Frazee:
        Andrew Scheps @Andrew_Scheps
          2022-08-23 00:07:04.777Z

Hi @Noah_Frazee ,

How do you know it’s trying to put the stereo version in? If you can send a screen recording of it doing it I might be able to figure out what’s happening.

Thanks,
          Andrew

1. Noah Frazee @Noah_Frazee
              2022-08-23 00:16:40.228Z

Hey @Andrew_Scheps ,

https://vimeo.com/742077283/11e316146e

Thanks for the quick reply!

Thanks,
              Noah

1. Andrew Scheps @Andrew_Scheps
                  2022-08-23 11:37:47.228Z

Hi Noah,

I think I see the problem. I've only ever put Melodyne on mono tracks. The first time you run the script it scans the plugin menu for Melodyne, which can take quite a while. It then saves where it is in the menu so it doesn't have to search every time. The problem is that you must have put Melodyne on a stereo track first, and then when you go to put it on a mono track it is still looking for the stereo version (which obviously isn't there on a mono track). The same thing would happen if you did a mono track and then a stereo track.

Unfortunately it's not an easy fix, but in the meantime I've added a script to the package that will reset the stored location so if you need to use a different track width you can run the script, then the next time you prep it will scan again on the current track.

Thanks,
                  Andrew