No internet connection
  1. Home
  2. Support

Bounce Factory bounce fails if session has been moved

By Blake Eiseman @Blake_Eiseman
    2024-04-10 01:32:26.934Z

Hi Andrew, I believe I have found a bug, or at least a gap in the logic.

If the Pro Tools session is moved from one location to another after the snapshot has been created, and you then try to bounce that snapshot, the bounce completes but afterwards, you get an error stating that the file could not be found.

I'm guessing here, but I think maybe Bounce Factory is looking in the original location (where the session was when the snapshot was created) for the bounce file before moving on. When it can't find it, it throws the error and reports the bounce failed.

However here's the thing ... I have the file destination for the bounces set to "Session folder Bounced Files/." Pro Tools recognizes the new location and puts the bounce file in the correct location. But for some reason Bounce Factory doesn't see the file has been created.

Might be worth looking into, and allowing Bounce Factory to follow the destination Pro Tools is reporting, even if the session has been moved.

• 3 replies
    1. Hi Blake,

Please see here for how to get in touch with Andrew and report issues to him:

1. B
        In reply toBlake_Eiseman:
        Blake Eiseman @Blake_Eiseman
          2024-04-10 16:49:46.955Z

Hi Christian, I thought that's what I did ... in fact I clicked on the "Report Problem" button in Bounce Factory, which brought me to this forum. Am I reporting in the correct place?

It looks like the only thing I didn't do was to include the user files. I'm attaching that here. Hopefully that is sufficient ... if not, please let me know how to properly get this reported. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/4rpjhxh16iq1h2xw20u6j/Bounce-Factory-Data-bink-2024-04-10-12-46-09.643.zip?rlkey=vd0e7w5c97678ln678vglpdy6&dl=0

1. BBlake Eiseman @Blake_Eiseman
              2024-04-10 16:53:14.755Z

Never mind, I realized I was in the wrong forum. Please feel free to delete this, as I have reposted it in the correct location for Bounce Factory.